Night Stock Team Member:
Responsible for receiving merchandise and stocking merchandise on/in the shelves, racks and cases within the store and in the warehouse. Since this position is a night position, customer interaction is not as critical as the daytime shifts. The shift is 8:30 pm until 5:00 am.
The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Receiving product being delivered.
- Operating a forklift to move product that is received from the loading dock to the warehouse. Training is provided.
- Putting goods that have been received on the shelving in the warehouse and on the sales floor.
- Ensuring the goods are stocked in the correct location on the shelving on the sales floor.
- Facing said products so that labels are facing the front of the shelving on the sales floor.
- Pulling damaged or expired product from the shelf.
- Ensuring all empty boxes/plastic wrapping, etc. has been removed from the sales floor so the store is clean for the customers.
- Operating the cardboard baler to crush empty boxes. Training is provided.
A Stock Clerk must be able to:
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- Carry 60 lbs at least 10 feet to place it on a stack or on a cart.
- Kneel down to stock merchandise on low shelving.
- Climb a step ladder (no more than 3 steps) to stock merchandise on a top shelf.
- Regularly push/pull up to 60 lbs on a cart or hand truck to bring merchandise to the sales floor to stock on shelf.
- Very seldom, but possibly, lift or use a hand truck to move product weighing up to 100 lbs maximum. This is very rarely necessary.
- Routinely stock merchandise in the walk-in cooler.
- Must be able to use the cardboard baler to crush the empty cardboard boxes when finished stocking.
Additional duties may include on an ‘as-needed’ basis:
- Mopping/sweeping the sales floor.
- Emptying the baler of the cardboard bale and moving it with the forklift to the dumpster.
- Emptying the recycling and/or regular garbage cans.
- Other similar duties as needed.